Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Why Do I Write?



Why do I write?

Because it is my gift.
Because it is my curse.
Because I enjoy it.
Because it sometimes pulls on me until I do.
Because it helps me stay sane.
Because it helps me find clarity.
Because it helps me understand.
Because it helps me regroup.
Because it helps ground me.
Because it helps me find my voice.
Because it helps me find a way to express myself in alignment with my values.
Because it's the best way I know to truly listen to my heart.
Because I adore analogies and finding ways to keep coming back to them
     in surprising and delightful ways in the same piece.
Because it touches and blesses my heart and soul.
Because it touches and blesses others' hearts and souls.
Because I can go back to something I wrote, even many years ago,
     and in the re-reading, I remember and recenter.
Because, in the end, how can I not?

.     *     .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)