Friday, August 2, 2013

Angels Watching Over Me

Being comforted 
-- for a very long time now --
by the idea 
of them watching over me, 
guiding and loving me, too,

I am a collector of angels.  

While I don't have as many around me as usual,
there's a whole symphony sprinkled throughout my house
including a rather large choir in the next room! 
Still, I can see 6 from my chair right now.



This lovely one, 
a birthday gift
from my darlin' hubby,
calmly stands
incandescently poised,
on the table right next to me.

Her quiet, soothing words 
are a welcomed, constant reminder:

An
angel
in the house
they say,
will guard
this family
night &
day

amen.

14 comments:

  1. Debbie, I collect angels too. I love your words about them--so sweet and true. Thank you for writing this. It made my day a happier one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you were here.

      Smiling a very warm "your welcome" your way . . . :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Effy! The blessing is a good one, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely, I truly believe that angels are always around us.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia, and me, too. Meeeee, toooo. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)