Thursday, August 15, 2013

Remembering a Special Friend






This little bird lives in Black Mountain, NC on the back balcony of a lovely house.  Hubby and I were there for a week last year to celebrate my 50th birthday.  

As I thought about what I most wanted to do, I knew in my heart of hearts that I wanted to honor my milestone quietly.  While it took some time for me to allow myself to totally relax into it, I knew that what most sounded like pure heaven for me was to spend some time in a peaceful haven in the mountains with a beautiful view and a couple of rocking chairs to enjoy it. 

When we arrived, I was so delighted to discover that the new-to-us-house was just that and my sweet little birdie friend was a very pleasant surprise.  Throughout our week we spent a good bit of time with her rocking and being on the spacious balcony.  She was a perfect companion and witness. 

In looking back, I am so grateful that I took the time to listen to my heart and take good care of me by doing what I most wanted and needed to do.

It's raining here now, just as it was the day I took this picture. Seeing her again brings a warm smile and many fond memories as I bask one more time in that blissful week.

.   *   .

2 comments:

  1. My sister and her husband also went to such a place, to her amazement the owner hid a one dollar bill in the cabin with a clue in a journal on the table. When my sister visited it had grown to 22 dollars, as many of the "visitors" had joined in and re hidden HIS dollar, and added one of their own along with their clues in the little journal! My sister loved that so much! she also left HER dollar and had the pleasure of hiding 23! Thanks for bringing that joyful memory to me tonight! and loved that sweet little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Dawn, and thank you. Thanks for sharing your story, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)