Monday, August 12, 2013

Mirror Selfie ~ Finding a New Voice


It's been interesting for me to notice, especially as I've only recently started snap-chatting with my sister, that it is *Not!!* ok for me to put a band of words over my mouth.  For me, for now, it's feeling too much like being silenced and/or having words put in my mouth.  (Even tho I know the words I've typed are my own.)

It was surprising for me to note in this picture that, while it wasn't intentional, I kinda like how the camera lens is *almost* where my mouth is. (The "almost," as well as not having it appear as if my entire face is "gagged," is probably what makes the crucial difference for me.)  

It sorta feels like an affirmation of my new language of photography.  

.  *  .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)