Monday, August 26, 2013

Just a Swangin'


When hubby asked what I wanted to do yesterday, I said "swing in my very favorite swing!"  Smiling because he knew exactly the one I was talking about.  It lives on the back balcony of an old, former grist mill, about a 1-1/2 hour drive away.  

I have loved this spot and her very special swing overlooking the soothing, rushing water since the first time we happened across it over 23 years ago.  (Yes, she says with a grin, I usually sit back but he said he couldn't see me and the water with me sitting that way.  :) )

It's been too long since I've been a-swangin' in this swing, delightedly listening to and watching the water.  Smiling because he loves this place too and we both very much enjoyed our lovely afternoon in the mountains, driving around and basking in the gorgeous weather.  

.     *     .

2 comments:

  1. jealous I am, as I hear the sounds of construction 110 down. The Mississippi isn't loud here where I live, so I have the Cornell Blue Heron live cam on a lot to hear the swamp noises instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So love that you've found a way to listen to the sounds that nourish your soul, Rene. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)