Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 30 - I did it!!


Smiling because this is my thirtieth post in thirty days.  I did it!!

I'm feeling a bit down today and some grief is circling,  Given my history and the time of year, it really isn't all that surprising that these feelings are visiting.

What *is* a bit trickier for me is that the judgmental gremlin is peeking in.  She's trying to tell me that it didn't all count for any number of reasons including some posts were really short.  "A Wordless Wednesday post?," she scoffs in a mean voice.

So, as best I can, I gently remind her (because she really is part of me trying to protect me) that the point of this past 30 days, for me, was to simply show up here . . .

. . .  which I did.

And that is just fine and it does count.

More than that, it is enough.

.     *     .

8 comments:

  1. This post is a great reminder to be kinder to ourselves. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally counts! Congrats on making it all the way through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe! :)

      It's been a real joy to get to know you thru this process . . .

      Delete
  3. Just remind that gremlin that a picture is worth a thousand words.

    --Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppy, I'm warmly smiling and nodding. Yes.

    And thank you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie. I found your blog through Effys site and I just wanted to say that I LOVE the wordless Wednesday theme.. Super idea I might steal a bit and use on my Instagram.
    Much love & glitter ;)
    Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camilla, it's a *great* idea, isn't it? Smiling because I borrowed it from a dear friend who blogs and you are welcome to join us. Thanks for letting me know you were here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)