Friday, August 16, 2013

Hope Prayer Flag




Hope is a word that hasn't always been in my vocabulary.  To be honest, it didn't even make my radar for a really long time.  But it's such an important word, isn't it?  I only began to understand just how much when it was given to me by a group of friends during a very difficult time in my life.   

Butterflies speak to me of hope and I made this prayer flag to send to a woman who was collecting them and stringing them together for the Newtown, CT community. I was proud to be a participant in this very special project which you can read about here:  The Hope Flag Project.  

I remain so grateful for the opportunity to pass along the gift of hope and for the wonderful gift of being able to continue to cultivate hope in my own life, too.

.   *   .


2 comments:

  1. Butterflies are such wonderful symbols of hope aren't they? And prayer flags are such beautiful and powerful expressions. Lovely to combine them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed they both are and thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)