Monday, August 19, 2013

Blessed Assurance



As I was playing with a new-to-me iphone app, "Tales of Us," it occurred to me to put these two pictures together.
I *love* how this new photo tells the story *of* me *to* me.
The picture of me leaning against and looking out of the big wall of windows was taken last year by my hubby at my request. We were celebrating my 50th birthday by spending a week in this beautiful, quiet house in the mountains, which is what I most wanted to do.
Being a 35-year bone cancer survivor, truth is, I'm not sure I ever really thought I would make it to 50 so this big milestone brought with it a lot of tender vulnerability, mixed emotions, and uncertainty. I wanted this picture of me to remind and reassure me that rather than 50 being at the end, I was simply at a beginning of a new and exciting leg in my journey.
As an added bonus, it was my sense that whenever I looked back at this picture, having it set in this beautiful, quiet haven would also serve as a reminder that I am finally learning how to take good care of me by listening to myself and what I most want and need.
The picture of me looking back is one I took last week.
It really touches my heart to see the me of today taking a moment to turn back and gently, lovingly, and joyfully reassure the me of last year that it will all be just fine.
More than that, all is beautifully well.
     .     *     .

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)