Thursday, August 18, 2016

August Break :: 5 Years Ago

Capturing my heart from the start, 
my sweet niece arrived on January 26, 2011. 

She has already gifted me with oodles and oodles 
(and oodles!) 
of warm memories and 
I will always treasure this shared, quiet moment 
after her baptism in particular. 

The whole time I held her, 
my precious blonde angel 
kept looking up at me, 
her beautiful blue eyes 
wide and rarely blinking. 

And with all of the love overflowing from my heart, 
I met and held her sweet baby gaze 
and kept looking right back at her 
for as long as she wanted. 

Ah, such a holy, cherished moment, this one. 

Is there such a thing as love at first sight? 

Yes. 

Oh, *heavens* yes. 

💕

#augustbreak2016

.            *            .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)