Monday, December 30, 2013

Good-bye, dear friend


Hubby and I went to Saturday night mass this weekend at the little church I especially love.  
I like to make a special point to go this particular weekend 
between Christmas and New Year's 
to see their beautiful manger.  

While there we received the shocking and very unexpected news of a dear friend's death.  

Come to find out, our sweet Mary Ann had a heart attack 
and died, peacefully, in her sleep the day after Christmas.  

She 
and her always-warm welcome, 
ready smile, 
hearty laugh,
and big, heart-felt hugs 
will be sorely missed by me
and so many others.

I love you, dear friend, 
and wish you a fond farewell.

(I still can't believe I'm saying this)

May God bless you
and your aching family.

.     *     .



2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)