Thursday, January 30, 2014

A New Dance, A New Hope



My word for this year is Hope and, as I've shared before, it was a real surprise to find "Her" snuggled up here next to me around Thanksgiving.  The truth is Hope has never been a word that I’ve really used or, quite frankly, trusted.

Because of some things that are happening in some of the lives of those I love, what I’m beginning to really understand and appreciate is that in order to truly practice Hope, I have to begin by first letting go of *false* hopes.

It is dawning on me (I'm having a spiritual awakening) that there are some things that I didn’t necessarily realize I've been pinning my "hopes" on that I am beginning to see, given the circumstances and the people involved, really aren’t possible.

(Well, no wonder Hope never felt real for me … because it wasn’t.)

I am ready and willing to let go of false hopes.  Smiling softly because they've been with me for a really long time so it may very well take some time and patience.  With Grace's help, I will simply do the best I can in any given moment, Mercy-fully trusting that this is Enough.

My intention is to practice gently and calmly turning my eyes and my heart towards living into a true and trustworthy Hope.  Smiling softly because this feels very right and powerful, like a refreshing invitation into a new, beautiful and much more honest dance with Hope.

Hmmm... in light of all of this, the picture above has an even deeper meaning for me.  It's now a very real and poignant visual reminder that I want to remember to keep turning my face, my heart, and my body towards the light of true Hope.

Please help me in my journey, Mama Grace and Auntie Mercy?

Yes, dear girl.  We are both right here beside you (still).  We remain your loving, faithful, trusted (and trustworthy!) guardians, lighting the way.

And, yes!  You can Hope in -- and dance with -- us.

I am deeply grateful.

.     *      .


2 comments:

  1. Hope is hard but I'm glad that you have started the journey and dance. Found you through the OLW blog link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your visit and for your comment, Missus Wookie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)