Thursday, August 27, 2015

August Break 2015 :: Favorite Recipe

When I saw today's prompt, I smiled warmly, knowing in a heartbeat which recipe I would use. 
Grandma's Banana Nut Bread was the first thing she and I baked together when I was about 9 years old. 

This recipe card, written in my Moma's handwriting, is one of my greatest treasures. Splattered and stained with notes of my own, it reminds me of both of these very dear women and the many hours we spent together in their kitchens. 

Whenever I bake, I always light a candle to remind me of the people I love and as a prayer for those who are on my heart that day. 

While these two dearly beloveds (and so many more) have passed on, I trust that they still gather around me to love, support, and guide me. The only difference?  These days we gather in spirit in my kitchen instead of theirs. 

❤️

.              *              .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)