Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Practicing Peace :: Thankful Tuesday

So loving my sweet little oil lamp and her quiet reminders
to gently shine right where I am
and to Practice Peace.

With Labor Day yesterday, I am just now coming off of "Summer Hours."  That means I'm back to being off on Tuesday mornings.  I'm smiling because it really was a delightful surprise just now to remember "Oh, yeah, Thankful Tuesday!"

Today I am thankful for:

1.  Being and playing with my two sweet little girls yesterday.  It still takes them time to 
    warm up but when they do?  We all sure have a great time.

2.  Without even really thinking about it so without much effort, I made boundary setting
     in the form of changing the subject away from areas I just didn't want to go into a game.
     It was easy and I didn't get snagged and all bogged down like I have for so many years.

3.  This sweet little red oil lamp.  Gentle light, like Moonshine, speaks to me so much right 
     now, both the way I believe I am led and in the way I want to be in my world, too.

4.  Some good reconnecting time with dear hubby over the long weekend.  We had a few 
     rough patches, as an extended period of togetherness can bring in any relationship, and
     I did some things differently, like practicing breathing as we rode in the car together.  

5.  A quiet jammie morning on a cloudy day.

6.  My very favorite Fall breakfast of a cup of icy cold milk along with a steaming bowl 
     of oatmeal with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and a sprinkling of raisins stirred in
     and topped with a drizzle of honey.   

7.  Blessed gift of time spent in "my" swing on Mark of the Potter's lovely back balcony
     overlooking the happy Soque River.  It soothes me so much.

8.  Reconnecting with a dear friend and, as in true friendships, the sense that no time has
     passed at all.

9.  My comfy old brown chair has been repaired and is now sporting a beautiful new
     mariner-blue "dress."  It's taken some time for me to adjust back to it but I think I'm 
      just about there.... home.

10. Working on a little surprise for a sweet friend who, while struggling, is making some
     very brave choices.

11. Seeing my picture of the St. Augustine lighthouse from right here in my chair with the
     added bonus of my Core Desire Feelings taped under her.

12. The deep sense of "Ahhh" I feel when I quietly whisper my core desire feelings to 
     myself:  Moonshine, Be Here, Simple Beauty, Peace, and Grace.  I am home in their
     presence circled around me.

13. Soft, long curly hair.  I will probably cut it soon but, for now, I'm enjoying it.

14. Wise book companions.  The two I've read lately are Rising Strong by Brene Brown 
     and Eyes of the Heart by Christine Valters Paintner.

15. The comfort that comes from noticing and counting my thankfuls.

.             *             .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)