Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 7 :: She's Peaked!

Lookie what Miss Pretty has been up to
while we were on vacation!

(Smiling softly because I had visions
of coming back to her with half of her leaves gone)

I'm feeling so grateful I decided to follow "my" sweet tree companion 7 weeks ago.  It's been lovely to watch her patient progress and also such a powerful, quietly gentle reminder for me that sometimes transformation takes time and when it does? Even when it doesn't feel like it, change is still happening. In the last few days, our journey together has reminded me of why I love Advent so very much.

While I'm not sure that I'll still be sharing weekly pictures of her now that she's peaked, I'm thinking I will continue to watch and witness her way of being in her world.  My thought being that offering my presence by quietly witnessing the process of losing her leaves, too, it might just be quite a touching blessing for me as well.  Continuing to watch her, with my eyes wide open, feels like a gentle invitation to also witness and be with my own discomfort with the barren times in my life, both past and present. 

May it be so.

.            *           .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)