Saturday, February 25, 2017

A Gift of Grounded

Before I begin my story, I want to tell you that my word for this year is Grounded. 

.          *          .         *          .

I was so delighted to learn that signing up for a year of Talisman of the Month Club meant 
that I'd receive a soap stone bowl to hold all of my talisman. Knowing Liz intentionally 
chooses what she sends to each person, I practiced Trusting that the color of my bowl would 
be just right. 

Still, she adds with a twinkly grin, I was hoping for a lovely deep pink or beautiful turquoise 
blue.

When my box arrived, part of me wanted to tear into it right then. Instead, since I was headed 
for work and wanting to give myself the gift of receiving my package intentionally, I waited. 
Turns out, the anticipation was indeed delicious. When the time finally arrived I settled into 
my chair and took my time with each little envelope and discovering the treasures tucked 
inside. Opening the little muslin bag and finding this month's talisman, I'm sure I must have 
purred (just as I did again just now).

Kind, Brave and Curious? 

Yes. 

After putting my hand to my heart, closing my eyes, and whispering a little prayer to Trust 
the process (and Liz), I care-filledly unwrapped the deep purple tissue paper and found this 
soap stone bowl. When I first saw it, my heart fell a little bit because truth be told, the color 
Orange has never ever really been one of my favorites.

Gently noticing my disappointment and tenderly encouraging myself to Be Kind, Be Brave, 
and Be Curious, while I wasn't sure about the middle, I reminded myself that I do so love 
hearts and the swirls around the edges reminded me of the Valentine's Day roses sweet 
hubby had just given to me a few days before.

As I sat with my chosen-just-for-me bowl here next to me for the next few days, it dawned 
on me that Orange has actually been showing up in a few different places for me lately. It 
started when I was making a small quilt for a friend 8 weeks back and orange wanted to 
be a part of it. "Orange?!" I surprisedly thought to myself. But as I tried different fabrics, 
I knew. 

Yes, Orange. 

A couple of days ago in looking around at my little corner from the vantage point of my 
chair, I noticed that the sweet popsicle frame, a handmade Christmas gift from my darling 
6-year old niece has 2 lines of orange washi tape on it. And the "You are my Sunshine" cross 
stitch picture made for me by my goddaughter (her first project!) last year? Most of her 
stitching is in Orange. Sitting next to it is a gift from a dear friend from several years back, 
such a cheerful picture with a lot of Orange in it as well.

Ok. So now I really *was* Curious and googled "which chakra is Orange?" As you already 
know, Orange is the color of the sacral chakra. 

Interesting how I keep reading it as the "sacred" chakra. 

I learned this color represents my pelvis and gut feelings, "the centre of being through 
which we connect with the deepest voice of the self, the deepest stillness and wisdom".

And when I think about having bone cancer in my hip as a teen and that my crutches 
are permanent... so it literally has been hard for me to physically stand my ground at times
and sometimes in my truth... and remembering that we really do work thru things in a 
spiral - hey! like the spiral in the middle of my bowl! - and realizing that the center of my 
heart bowl feels like my heart, especially when I'm gently holding it in my hand, like in 
my photo....

Hmmmm.... this is feeling more and more right.
  
So maybe, just maybe, she adds with a twinkle, I received the perfect bowl for me after all! 

Smiling softly as the truth is 
I have become quite attached 
to my Orange heart 
and I wouldn't want any other.

Well lookie here, she says with a warm smile.

A gift of Grounded. 

Blessed be.


.           *              .





SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. I have been LOVING orange this past year. Yesterday, I chose the green vase with an orange ball of glass on its stem at a party where every vase had a different color ball. There is something about the color that has been calling to me, and I think (similar to what you are saying here) that I am supposed to be learning to trust my own intuition. I LOVE your talisman bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and how fun that orange is calling to you as well. Wishing us both traveling mercies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely! I'm so delighted to sit with you as an observer as you opened your heart to your sacr(ed) chakra.

    Much love to you dear Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)