Monday, December 11, 2017

2 Christmases, 19 years apart

A beautiful Moma and her dear girl, 
watched over and held by Mama Grace 
and the angels... 

Still. 

❤️❤️

As is sometimes the case with me, she says with a soft smile, this one holds more 
vulnerable truth than I'm ready to share on my FB "living room" wall.

We had a mighty rough go in the 19 years between these two photos, my Moma and I. 

But in the end? The stars aligned in such a way that we were able to make peace before 
she died just 13 short days after the photo on the right on Epiphany (Jan. 6).

Between that and the discovery of my bone cancer on Dec. 14 (and my parents' divorce 
8 days before on Dec. 6), I think that's part of why I so adore Advent. It's a season that 
not only acknowledges, but honors the waiting we humans do which is sometimes an 
aching l-o-n-g-i-n-g for things that just aren't possible... in this moment.

But, 
she says with a soft smile, 
that doesn't mean that healing will never come. 

Ah, yes. It can and it does. 

(Right, Moma?) 
(and Mama Grace?)
(Right, Baby Girl.)

❤️❤️

.             *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)