Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Trust


I'm needing a gentle reminder today.

In a move of thought-filled self-care and wanting to lean into and honor both of my love languages, Words of Affirmation and Touch, I took this selfie.

I suffered from earaches as a young girl and I remember lying on the couch with my head in Moma's lap so she could pour the warmed medicine in my ear.  She would then gently move my earlobe around so the oil would be evenly distributed. 
 
Lying there for a while (probably as instructed) she would then stroke my hair and ear and I still remember how so-o-o-o-o-othing it all felt. 
 
(Ah, so it would seem that Touch has been a love language of mine for a very long time.)
 
As a way to recapture some of that special one-on-one time with my Moma, I intentionally placed the "Trust" in my selfie over the hair on my brow.

Smiling softly as I imagine her (and many other beloveds) stroking me right there with patient reassurance and whispering:

"Trust, sweet one.
Just trust."

.            *            .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)