Thursday, September 11, 2014

What is Home?

I have the pleasure of being in the Love Notes Post Card Project September round and this week's prompt is "Home is...." 

As I sat waiting in my doctor's office earlier this week, I began toying with the idea of writing a poem where the last word of each line rhymed with home. I'm so tickled because I was able to do it!


What is Home?

Warm welcome shown
After long, weary roam
Home is being seen and known

Sheltering dome
Nourishing zone
Home is gently healing loam

When doubts start to drone
Permission to moan
Home is long, truth-telling groans

Love practiced and honed
Faith freely loaned
Home is hearts tended and sewn

Gathering of crones
who know in their bones
Home is the balm of Shalom

.              *              .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)