Saturday, April 4, 2015

Holy Week - Praying in Color



So as I committed to walking this week's readings and praying with them, I found that the words that were shimmering for me were the ones that pointed to first Jesus' love and patience for those around him and then the love shown to him. About mid-week, the phrases "where is the love?" and Mister Rogers "Look for the helpers" (when there is so much tragedy around that it can be overwhelming) became welcomed companions as I read these difficult readings.

Once we finished our "Praying in Color" circles, we were invited to come up with a story using the words that we were drawn to from this week's readings. Here is my "story":

When troubled and wondering "where is the love?," remain near, tethered to the one who cares deeply for you. Like a shepherd who tends her beloved sheep, she will wash your weary body, and raise and soothe your tired spirit. Follow her . . . She can be trusted.

.           *            .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)