Friday, March 11, 2016

Abide and Trust in Love

The beautiful foursome of charming angels was my favorite Christmas gift from hubby this 
year and they are circled around, ever-so-gently leaning over, my sweet little red oil lamp, 
bought at a lovely Grist Mill turned pottery shop about an hour's drive away from here.  (If 
you follow me here, you'll know that it was "rent" for time spent in my favorite porch swing 
away from home.  You may already know this story, too.)

This beautiful tableau has been gathered since Christmas day. Smiling because it didn't take 
long for me to realize, 

Oh!!! 
So *this* is what 
Abide, 
my word for this year, 
looks like for me..... 
intentionally placing myself 
in the midst of cherished beloveds 
and allowing them to tend and love me, 
while practicing trusting that they want to. 

All that is required of me in that (this) moment 
is to rest in their caring presence.

For this?  
I am deeply grateful.

.             *              .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)