Thursday, March 31, 2016

Grace and Mercy Dogwood

The wonderful surprises continue! Catching my breath as I came upon the Twins this morning, feeling delighted to see they had flowers on them, I thought to myself, "they bloom?!?!" I 
pulled right into this parking lot I drive by every weekday but have never actually been in. 

As I got out of my car, my heart went pitter-pat to realize they are *Dogwood* trees!! One of 
my very favorites! 💕

Affectionately naming them after one of my all time favorite quotes (see below) seems right 
so the front one, with beautiful white flowers, I shall call Grace and the back one, with beautiful 
pink flowers shall now be known as Mercy.

Their flowers have almost all gone but that they held on until I noticed? Well, that means the 
world to me. Smiling softly because this felt like the perfect day to get close to them. 💕

                                           "Mercy and Grace are really sisters. 
 They're not identical twins 
but they are very close sisters, nonetheless. 
 They are almost constantly found together 
and if one is encountered by herself, 
the other is not far away."
~ Philip Edwards

(And then later in the day?, she adds with a grin, I remembered I knew this about them but 
had forgotten sometime before I started their weekly photos last fall 🙃. I'm actually ok 
with this because today's surprise felt like a true gift of soul refreshment.)

.              *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)