Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Being Seen :: Mirror Meditation

Ever since I bought it over 3 years ago for my first time taking Liz's mirror meditation 
e-course, my black, handheld mirror has been right here beside my blue chair. Because of 
our visit to Texas to see my family last week, today is the first day I've actually taken some 
time with it since we began. 

Having been at it awhile, I've come to deeply appreciate this practice and it brought a soft 
smile to really see myself again this afternoon.  Smiling because as soon as I looked at my 
reflection I found myself greeting my eyes with a warm "hello there!"  

I like this picture and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the black side can be used 
as a mirror too!  I really love that my quartet of guardian angels surrounding my sweet red 
oil lamp (my little altar reminding me of my word for this year, Abide) can be seen in the 
image as well. 

I wanted to tuck in a little encouragement, too, since I really do know that it can be quite 
uncomfy to take self-portraits, especially at first. 

For whatever it's worth, finding new ways and angles to take photos is like creative play 
for me. I just happen to be the subject. 😉  And for this eldest girl child, who has spent 
a lifetime focusing on seeing others and tending to their needs first (and often 
"exclusively"), this has been a very good practice for me. 

I also wonder if focusing on composition (how I'm setting up the photo - so what gets 
included in the frame and what doesn't) helps to take some of the pressure off. 

As I press "post," know that I am sending a little love to all of us as we find our way 
... together.

 ❤️

.               *              .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)