Saturday, May 14, 2016

Being Seen :: Voice


I misread the time for our nephew's tee-ball game this morning (by 2-1/2 hours!), not 
realizing it until I pulled into the parking lot and didn't see any 7-year old's wearing orange 
shirts and gray pants. 

I'd been feeling a longing to do some more processing via writing about our recent trip to 
Texas so rather than drive the 25 minutes back home, I went to a nearby store and bought 
a cute polka dotted spiral notebook (on sale!), a pen, and a bottle of water. I then parked 
under a nearby tree and wrote 6 pages, front and back. 

Wanting to capture and honor the memory of this self-care move, I took several selfies. 

In looking back at what I had, a wide smile spread to see the sunlight reflecting off a 
nearby car. That it highlighted my mouth felt like a gift. 

Yes. 

For me, writing is a very real way 
for my voice and my heart to Be Seen. 

💕

.               *                .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)