Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Epiphany Blessings

I've written a holiday letter for about 20 years now. I enjoy the whole process of writing
the letter and mailing it to people I love, most of whom I've been sending Christmas cards 
to for even longer than that. Smiling because I have several fans who have told me that they 
look forward to my letter in particular every year.

My busiest time of year at work now falls in November and December and, between that 
and my biggest grief anniversaries falling in December, I found that it was just getting to 
be too much.

And yet abandoning it all together just never felt right.

About 4 years ago, the Graced idea of sending my love letters at Epiphany dawned and I've 
mailed them In January ever since. In fact a couple of years ago I had the space to write our 
letter in December. But when I tried that idea on? I smiled and thought, "nah, I'll stick with 
my new, cherished tradition instead."

Another thing I love about it is, in some traditions, folks bless their homes at Epiphany time. 
The idea of tucking in love for my dear ones and also a little blessing for their homes as well 
gives me great joy.

Plus! The word Epiphany means having a new insight break through and the magi were 
following a star (a part that I especially appreciate) and that still small voice inside. 

What a great holy-day to celebrate! 

 ❤️

.           *           .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)