Saturday, April 15, 2017

Encircled in Love

I was recently asked 
about the women in this photo collage
so thought I'd share my answer here.


Before I introduce you, allow me to share the story behind my collage and how it came
to be...

In November 2015 I was taking an online course, "Honoring the Saints and Ancestors,"
and since these 4 women were the dearly beloveds I would be focusing on (and praying
with) and being very visual, I created my little portable circle of love then. I wanted to
feel them close to me during the month of remembrance.

Smiling because, unbeknownst to me, this was such an inspired idea!! Whenever I'm
baking, especially for a holiday, I will take this magnet off of our fridge and invite my
mothers close to me by placing them near where I am working.

Clockwise from the top left:

 My precious Moma who left us way too soon on January 6, 1997 at almost 57.
Of her 7 kids, I, her eldest, most favor her both in looks and temperament.
 
 Dear Grandma (Daddy's mom) passed on January 21, 1976 at 76.  I have such
fond memories of time spent in her kitchen and how she taught me how to bake and
crochet.

 Darling Grandma (Hubby's maternal grandmother) who considered me one of
her own from the very first time she laid eyes on me and I felt the very same love for
her. She was 72 when she passed on November 25, 1991.

 Grandma (Moma's mom) who I wasn't as close (or drawn) to but with my deep
love for the concept of the Communion of Saints (and the reason I was so drawn to
that online course in particular), I trust our relationship continues to blossom and grow,
just like all of the flowers in her garden that she loved so much. She was 89 when she
died on June 7, 1999 and had been a widow for 23 years.

Thank you for witnessing. 

  

.         *         .


.          *         .
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)