Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Darlin' Debbie Jo

In our family albums there are pictures with this photo of 2-year old me smiling from the background on a bookshelf in our home. My beloved grandmother's albums held pictures of another copy of this same photo of me smiling from the background of their home, both the farmhouse next to our trailer house when I was a wee one and then the small house in town when they moved because Grandpa (semi <wink>)-retired from farming.

Smiling softly because I remember seeing the one on my Grandma's table and can still recall the warm sense of how I felt I *belonged* to her because she kept my picture out. And we had a good bit in common, she and I... our eye for detail, plus she is the one who taught me to bake and crochet, and instilled my love of letter-writing.  :)

Both she and my dear Grandpa died 4 months apart (another story for another day) 39 years ago and I'm so grateful that their copy of this photo now lives here with me.

.            *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)