Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Pilgrimaging to Peace




Peace is my word for this year
and what better "place" to pilgrimage to?

During a conversation with some friends a few weeks ago, I realized how much I miss sitting with a lit candle. The companionship of a gently flickering flame really does help to center, ground and quiet my mind and body, filling and reminding me of what is most important to me. 

The table here next to me has been so covered over with books, remotes, mail, etc... that I haven't had the space to safely light a candle. I knew then that I needed to clear and reclaim this space for me and my Beautiful Soul. 

On my very next errand day I bought this tall, lovely blue candle and decided she would be my companion for July. When I read our proposed practice for this month in Hand to Heart is "One Song a Day," a warm smile spread wide. I'm really liking the idea of adding a song and/or sitting with "her" for at least one song (maybe 2) each day. 

This nourishes me and this I can do.

So grateful for how we are encouraged to find our own way . . . 

Yes.

.             *            .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)