Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Abiding Pilgrim


Had my annual (routine) mammogram this morning and, on a whim, I took this wise book 
with me. Between it and the very kind woman who registered me again this year (she 
remembered me!), both were very good, soothing company, their presence alone easing and 
calming nerves that just naturally arise, even when all is well. 

It was such a lovely, unexpected gift to share my word, Abide, with dear Miss Stephanie. 
Not only did she instantly resonate with it, she also said some kind words, blessing and 
affirming me.  

While sometimes far and very few between, today I am deeply grateful - again and again! - 
for those dear, soft lights that were there along my cancer journey trail (and other paths since) 
quietly encouraging me by their prayerful presence to Trust and Hope even when I was 
running on empty.  And in those moments when I just couldn't?  They were right there, 
allowing me to borrow their faith. 

.            *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)