Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Evidence of Where I Came - 2017 edition

. gingham because it reminds me of my Moma and Grandma, and black and white in 
particular because that was the color of my dress when Grandma made smocked dresses 
for all of her granddaughters. In doing a quick count, I think she made about 18 of them.

. a yellow rose, one of dozens given to me by my dear husband, because I love him, roses,
and the land of my birth.

. Grandma used to give us holy cards for special occasions and I chose this one of 
St. Joseph in honor of my Daddy, his namesake. My brother was named after him and we 
girls were often fondly referred to by our first name followed by "Jo," which is part of most 
of our middle names.

. a journal because I do so love to write and because I have no doubts that I would Not be 
where I am today without this constant, faithful companion, always there to catch my 
thoughts, feelings, tears, fears, joys, and dreams.

. my Grace cross speaks to my cherished faith and honors the gift of my family by 
marriage

. a rose quartz heart to remind me of all of the love in my life - both given and received

. the small metal filigree case holds the rosary my confirmation sponsor, a beloved teacher, 
gave to me on that special day.

. the little decoupaged plaque of a girl sharing a picnic tea with her doll is inscribed on the 
back in my Grandma's beautiful cursive handwriting: "Debbie, 1972"

. the pink bookmark reminds me that Debbie means "Seeking One." Smiling big because 
nothing could be farther from the truth.

. a sweet pillow case delicately embroidered for me with a little lamb reminds me of how 
wonderful it was to grow up on a farm.

. and, of course, my constant crutch companions, Bert and Ernie, who have been standing 
by and supporting me for decades.

Blessed be.

💕

.            *            .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)