Monday, June 19, 2017

Time for Refreshment

Feeling nauseated since yesterday morning, I went to see my doctor this afternoon. After 
the blood work (and letting the unanticipated tears fall that were rising), I was in the 
bathroom washing my hands having just collected a urine sample. 

Both the soft spraying sound and the way the water flowed gently over my hands was an 
unexpected moment of refreshment.

Being the last appointment of the day, I knew folks were waiting on me so I almost didn't 
notice. When I did notice, I almost didn't allow myself to take a moment to stop and let 
the water soothe me and my weary spirit.

Almost. 

In a moment of Grace, I reminded myself that it would only take a minute or two.... it 
really was ok to take time to tend to myself... and I stopped and let the water caress my 
hands.

Turns out, it was one of those things that 
this water baby didn't even know she needed....

... until the invitation to quench my parched soul 
presented itself.

Blessed be. 

💦

.          *            .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)