Sunday, October 8, 2017

Shutter Happy ~ Day 6 ~ Fave Spot in my House

My favorite place in our home is this corner where my comfy, 40-year-old rocker 
recliner lives. Brown tweed clad and already broken in just right when Granddaddy 
gave it to me, it's now covered in this beautiful mariner blue. Smiling fondly as it 
provides my favorite view, too.

The wooden side table parked between where darlin' hubby and I sit often holds a 
lit candle, an angel or two, and a favorite mug. Tucked on the shelf underneath are 
many current favorite book companions, all within easy reach. 

My treasured Grace tiles are on the south wall of our living room. Below them is 
the charming wooden heart quilt rack that my brother made for me one Christmas. 
Nestled on its shelf is a choir of angels, twinkle lights, and a lantern. Hanging below 
is the beautiful farm-themed quilt made especially for me by my sister several years 
ago.

In the far corner, above the dinette set that my father-in-law sat at as a small child 
is one of my most treasured angels. From her place of honor (I can see her when 
working in my kitchen as well), she peacefully reminds and reassures me of my 
Moma's constant loving presence in my life. 

In front of me and a little to my right is my cherished Quartet of Grace gathered 
around and always looking over their red oil lamp "daughter," quietly reminding 
me to Abide.

Blessed be. 

#shutterhappy

.          *          .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)