Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Shutter Happy ~ Day 14 ~ Nature

Hands down, Fall is my very favorite season of the year. Growing up on the Texas prairie 
where there weren't many trees, we often made an annual family pilgrimage to New Mexico. 
We oohed and ahhed at the glorious golden aspens and took many a picture. Smiling fondly 
because even tho we knew from years of experience that a photo can never quite capture 
Autumn's beauty?  We still tried (and tried πŸ˜‰).

I also very much enjoyed visiting what I came to fondly refer to as "The Cauliflower Hills." 
The reds, oranges, golds, and greens covering the large hills on either side of the road sang 
out to my heart. In my mind's eye, each bush resembled a cauliflowerette and, nestled 
together, they looked like a cheerful patchwork quilt in a "head of cauliflower" pattern.


I talked to Daddy this afternoon and he said that my beloved "Cauliflower Hills" are located 
on the small road heading south from Taos, NM to the tiny town of Mora, probably actually 
more south of Mora (on 518). He said he thinks all of the cauliflowerettes are probably 
scrub oak.  

What a delight to now have leaves of many colors in my own front yard! Well, she adds 
with a twinkling grin, that is until leaf raking time. πŸ˜‰

Who knew there were so many leaves up there?! 

❤️   .   🍁   .   πŸ’›   .   πŸ‚   .   ❤️


#shutterhappy

.         *         .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)