Saturday, March 8, 2014

In the Name of . . .



In the name of
Mama Grace and Auntie Mercy
Enough and now Hope
each started as word for the year
Now wise companions, trusted guides
Welcomed encircling

I swear I will not dishonor
Your love and care
(nourishment intended for basking)
and gifts given …
All pearls meant to be
received
accepted
known
cultivated
cherished
shared

In the name of all I hold dear
and all that holds me dear,
In the name of
truth, beauty
honesty, vulnerability
and love

I will honor and hold as sacred
(as best I can in each moment)
and with your help, dearest mothers,
my life, my journey
my struggles, my triumphs
all, ordinary holy moments
meant for treasuring and blessing.

Amen

~ Debbie Grace


Yesterday afternoon I spent some time in our backyard and especially loved this photo. It feels like the perfect partner to my prayer-poem, gently reminding me that Someone (the taller daffodil) is always watching over me (the smaller daffodil).

.      *      .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)