Monday, March 31, 2014

Oh, If These Walls Could Talk - Art Journaling


I'm still working with my powerfully, poignant poem.

I've loved the picture since I first saw it several months back.  As I was flipping thru magazines on Saturday looking for images, it brought a smile to come across it again.  At first, I wasn't sure about pairing it with my poem.  But, as I thought about it, I knew it was perfect.

If I'm reframing an old story for myself in a kinder, more gently affirming way, which I am, this little room is actually just right.  When enclosing my heart as a way to take good care, sometimes in the only way I know how, I would hope I would take refuge in a place as pleasing and calming to me as this special little cubby.  

Smiling softly because I like that it has a door, too.  That way?  When I do need to come back and spend a little time here caring for my tender heart and re-grouping, I can.  The door is always open and the welcome mat is always out to my beautiful little sanctuary.

Yes.

.       *       .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)