Sunday, March 30, 2014

Trust in Grace


I took Brene Brown's e-course on The Gifts of Imperfection last fall and had a couple more assignments to complete before the 2nd session starts this week.  (If you haven't read this gem of a book yet, I would highly recommend it.)

When she first invited us to come up with a mantra for the first page of our art journal, I felt sad.  I didn't think I had a mantra.

Grinning now because awhile later, a warm smile spread across my face when I playfully thought to myself, "yes, you do, you big silly!"  I have been saying to myself and writing at the end of almost every single email I send out (for over 5 years!) a gentle reminder to "Trust in Grace."  (Grace is my fond nickname for my Higher Power)

Yesterday morning I had a lovely time pairing my deeply personal and gentle reminder-mantra with one of my favorite selfies.  The pretty pink butterfly is a visual reminder to Hope, too, my word for this year.  

I am really, *really* enjoying the fact that this will now be the very first page I see every single time I open this journal of mine.

.        *         .




2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful starting a new journal ...have lots of fun in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is! Thanks, Amanda - both for stopping by and for your kind comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)