Sunday, May 24, 2015

Everyday Beauty :: Love


Out for a ride on a gorgeous spring Sunday afternoon, my hand on his leg as he drives. Smiling because, 27 years later, we still make the choice to color coordinate our clothes (whenever we can). I especially love this longtime habit of ours because not only does it feel like we belong together, it looks like it, too.
.             *              .

Truth be told, it was a teensy bit of bit of a challenge to leave this photo up along with my comments because I was afraid it felt a little too silly.

So.... this has given me a chance to think about it on and off today. What I've come to appreciate is that for me, feeling so "weird?" in my family and like I didn't entirely belong, this simple little practice of ours quietly affirms for me, a *very* visual gal, that yes, my sweet, I am now (((home))) with this dear, dear man. 

.             *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)