Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Thankful Tuesday :: Birthday Edition


Today I am thankful for:

1.  My 53rd birthday yesterday.  There was a time I wasn't sure I'd make it this far.
2.  Happy new garden stone with my word for the year, Peace, on it.
3.  Time with our girlies on Saturday which primed our shy little ones for a fun day of 
     playing on Sunday.
4.  In-laws who want to make birthday celebrations special and do.
5.  Gifting myself by leaving work early yesterday.
6.  Lying in the bed and resting for an hour when I arrived home.
7.  Dear, dear hubby who's Love Language is Gifts.
8.  Wonderful surprise of a dozen beautiful red roses.
9.  Feeding the Texas part of my heart with a yummy supper of chicken fried steak, 
     loaded baked potato and salad with ranch dressing at Longhorn Steaks. 
10.  Sweet new angel who speaks to me of Peace, Grace, Mercy, Hope, and Enough.
11.  Kind friendship extended in so many ways, offering warm birthday wishes. 
12.  Quiet evening at home watching part 1 of Dancing With the Stars' season finale.
13.  Birdsong, floaty lilac gown, go back to bed for a bit leisurely morning.
14.  Intense wave of grief has now ebbed away, leaving with me some new layers to 
       ponder, explore, and heal.
15.  Feeling grounded by staying connected to our photo prompts.
16.  It was a very good birthday indeed.

.              *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)