Monday, February 8, 2016

Cultivating Enough :: Day 8 :: Boundaries

Years ago a wise one, who knew and loved me well, made the keen observation that my eye 
for detail is so well tuned that I notice details without even realizing it. She said that the 
things I notice are just "there" for me (so it's not something I'm seeking out) and that most 
of the folks around me simply don't see what I see. (And so they are able to let them go, 
sometimes a whole heckuva a lot easier than I am).

I've noticed lately that, once again, I've been tempted to pull off my path and get stuck in the
ditch ruminating about what I'm noticing that could be improved, especially at work. Smiling 
softly because with my wiring and conditioning, this one may be a lifelong journey for me so 
even that becomes a practice. Can I be gentle with myself when noticing this old pattern 
coming up in me again?

I am growing quite fond of this mug and it's quirky little angel playfully reminding me to 
"Water Seeds, Pull Weeds" and so I'm asking her to be my guide and teacher in the next 
little while.

I want to focus on what is going well and water those seeds rather than getting stuck in the 
weeds, *especially* those I can do nothing about, simply don't have the time, energy, or 
patience for, and/or are not mine to tend to.

It dawned on me this morning (so I had a spiritual awakening) that it really comes down to intentionally practicing my word for the year, Abide. By making a conscious choice (again 
and again if need be) about *where* I want my attention, dear heart and beautiful soul to 
Abide, and then honoring my choice, I am setting and holding internal boundaries.

Of course, there are times when weeding needs to be done. I just want to use care and be 
mindful of when I might be stuck in a ditch, overgrown with weeds. So a playful example 
would be, "Whoops! That's a weed, Deb, not a seed!" 

With the help of my Gardening Angel, Mama Grace, Auntie Mercy, Hope and Peace, may I 
become a good winnower, one who is learning the art of separating the seeds from the weeds.

.              *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)