Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A Map to Here

A Map [to] Here

As I read the prompt, I really liked the idea of a map honoring how I came to be here... to be me... in the form of a photo collage. <3

The 4 photos in the upper left, clockwise: 
1.  an Easter picture of my family from 1975; 
2.  my Daddy hugging me good-bye as hubby and I were leaving to come home; 
3.  sweet hubby and I in one of our very favorite places; 
4.  a photo of the love that was shared between my Moma and I (a hard relationship 
     that one, a story needing a map all on it's own).

The 4 photos in the upper right, clockwise:
1.  the statue of Mary at our church that I love to stop by and say hello to 
     (she has been a very real and comforting presence for me since I was a wee one); 
2.  a recent photo reminding me to bloom where I am planted, even when my particular 
     flower looks and stands different from all of those around me; 
3.  the porch swing I gifted myself by allowing my Daddy to take the time to put it back 
     up for me on his recent, short visit here; 
4.  2 sweet trees that I've fondly nicknamed Grace and Mercy which I've become quite fond 
     of as I followed them last fall, taking a photo a week to watch their transformation 
     and to remind me of my own.  While it may be slow, metamorphosis does happen and in 
     the end?  It is quite beautiful.

The 4 photos in the bottom left are gentle reminders of what grounds me right now:
1.  Moonshine (which has since morphed into "Moonlight"), Be Here, Simple Beauty, 
     Peace and Grace all my Core Desired Feelings and the painting of my favorite lighthouse 
     reminds me that they are my guiding lights. 
2.  four sweet angels were a Christmas gift from my hubby and are gathered around a sweet 
     red oil lamp bought at a favorite place not far from here.  This tableau reminds me of my 
     word for this year, Abide, and nudges me to pay attention to where and in who's care I am 
     placing myself.  
3.  my "Be Still, Deb" playlist, many of the songs also reminding me to Abide.  
     Hands down, my favorite one right now is "Abide with Me" by MP Jones.

The bottom right is a favorite selfie.

Yes.  

This is the map... 
my way to and back home to me. 

#timetotellit

.            *            .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)