Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Love :: Day 29 :: Sanctuary

Dear Sanctuary,

Feeling frazzled and fried from a tough interaction at work and sensing a need for some 
soothing water time yesterday afternoon, I drove by my favorite little pond, a few 
neighborhoods down. This was the first time I've actually ever gotten out and, sitting on 
a cheerful red metal bench near water's edge, I took it all in.

Mallard ducks and Canadian geese swimming and snacking, smooth as glass water except 
for the ripples around my feathered companions, gentle splashing as one of them took a 
bath using a nearby bush as a shower curtain, and the big, beautiful, sky-blue bowl of sky 
holding all of us. 

A warm smile spread as I noticed the deep, calming breaths start to rise and fall 
on their own. ❤

That blessed pocket of Sanctuary was exactly what I needed in that moment to begin 
the unfolding which continues this morning. 

Sometimes it just takes a while, yes?

Yes.

Gratefully, 
Debbie
who is Abidin'

#aprillove2016

.                *               .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)