Friday, April 15, 2016

April Love :: Day 15 :: Dear Shadow



Dear Shadow,

We're dancing a lot these days, you and I, aren't we?

When reaching for my hand and pulling me to my feet, I can't help but notice that rather than the welcomed waltzes of my childhood with the soothing 1-2-3, 1-2-3 melodies, inviting whirls and twirls across the polished hardwood floor, and sweeping elegance, this music is foreign to me.

I'm not nearly as sure of myself or comfortable with the push/pull rhythm and staccato movements this new genre seems to require. 

While deeply painful at times, and sometimes I fear it's merely a hustle in disguise, when I get quiet and listen, I know in my heart of hearts that these dance lessons are important, too.

And so, as best I can, I stay with it.... I stay with you, a very real part of me with something crucial to teach me, both about myself and about life.

Some days the reality is that I'm just not up to your invitations to tango, preferring familiarity and comfort and I know that's ok. 

You are a wise, and fair teacher, willing to sit with me on the side for a while, offering me a cup of refreshing strawberry punch in a clear, crystal-cut glass while I catch my breath, patiently waiting until I am ready and willing to try 'er again, knowing that in truth? 

This is part of the dance of life as well.

While not always easy to be sure, I am grateful for your faithful partnering.

Blessed be.

❤️

#aprillove2016
#timetotellit

.             *            .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)