Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Everyday Beauty :: Compassion

I was awake in the wee hours this morning, struggling. A gremlin in my head kept telling 
me, in a very convincing tone (as gremlins do), that something I had shared was way too 
much. (a very old voice, this one). 

Not being able to sleep, I got up, pulled out my journal and, as I've been learning in a 
course I'm taking, I practiced giving myself the soothing gift of self-compassion. I opened 
to a blank page and, just as a loving Mama would tenderly gather her fearful child close, I
began to write. I was able to gently reassure both myself and that very old part of my 
brain, who is just trying to keep me safe in the only way she knows how, that while it 
may not have been received as I'd hoped, it really was ok.

And after writing a few pages while practicing deep, calming breaths?  I felt so, *so* 
much better.

Blessed be. 

❤️
#everydaybeauty

.              *                 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)