Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Everyday Beauty :: Evidence of Where I Came

. Growing up with peacocks on our farm was always such fun. I love that Daddy still keeps 
  them on his homestead and I'm so grateful he thought to send me home with a handful of 
  feathers one year.

. My First Communion book says the special day was April 13, 1969 and my faith remains 
  an integral part of who I am.

. The gold "D" on the same chain as my cross was Moma's last (tangible) gift to me. Before 
  she died she had the diamonds from the wedding ring Daddy gave her mounted on each one 
  of our initials and gave them to us on Christmas Eve 1996.

. Angels have long had a very special meaning for me and I chose this one because we prayed 
  before every meal as a family and still do.

. I love the blessed peace of candlelight which always speaks to me of hope (whether I realize 
  it in the moment or not).

. My black lantern has Stars on it, reminding me of the vast Texas Prairie sky that I grew up 
  under.

. The piece of cement "stone" anchoring my tableau is from the old farmhouse where I did 
  most of my growing up and still have such fond memories of.

❤️

.              *              .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)