Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Everyday Beauty :: Orange

So my dear goddaughter and I are playing this month, exploring moments of Everyday 
Beauty in our ordinary lives, together. 

When I saw "Orange" come up for today I smiled big, knowing exactly what I wanted t
o capture this quiet, summery-feeling morning. 

My sweet girl made this beautiful cross stitch picture, her very first!, and surprised me 
with it when we were in Texas for her confirmation last month.

I very affectionately call her my Sunshine and what a happy accident to also capture the 
reflection of my love for her as well.

I also posted this photo on my Facebook wall and a friend commented that my phone 
was orange, too. 

While I had noticed, not wanting to take away from her gift, I wasn't going to mention 
it... at first. 

But!  

As soon as I read my friend's comment, I said aloud "it's gingham, too, which reminds me 
of both my Moma and Grandma."  

So now? This simple photo actually has 4 generations reflected in it!  I think my 
goddaughter would really like knowing that so I've shared it with her, too.   And she did!

I do *so* love working with prompts! 

#everydaybeauty

  ❤️

.                 *               .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)