Sunday, November 2, 2014

Blessing Basking ~ Day 1


(I am writing very late tonight, which I know is ok. Smiling softly because even so, somehow the timing feels exactly right for the blessing I want to name this evening.)

Today I am so grateful for the deep and steady comfort I experience from the blessing of the Communion of Saints. There have been more times than I could possibly count (many of them while in a hospital bed in a room all by myself) when, for whatever reasons, those physically here couldn't be with me during an especially excruciating part. When I remembered (because sometimes it takes a while when we're in the thick of it and/or sometimes we just really, *really* need a person to be God with skin for us), it was during many of those moments that I took great comfort in knowing that those who have gone on before me are able to be with, care for, and love me ... still.

(Just as I still care for and love them.)

.             *             .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)