Sunday, November 30, 2014

InstaAdvent 1 :: Advent Calendar


My goddaughter and I are participating in Busted Halo's InstaAdvent Photo-a-Day Challenge.  Living several states apart, we don't get to do a whole lot of connecting and I thought this might be fun for us to share.  I'm looking forward to it!

The wooden spiral on the left is my treasured Advent wreath.  While not a "traditional" Advent calendar, as I move both the votive candle and wooden Mary on her donkey one place farther down the spiral road to the center, the three of us are keeping track of the days on our Advent journey. 

Mary and her donkey are standing on the table between the rounds of the spiral, right above my burning votive.  No worries if you can't make them out, she says with a twinkle, I'm sure I'll post a clearer photo later.  

The calendar on the right is a new-to-me practice, introduced by a kind friend called "Praying in Color."  I'm looking forward to trying it as well and the template I'm using can be found here.

.             *             .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)