Saturday, January 10, 2015

Epiphany 2015


Found this lovely image to use for our Epiphany greetings this year.

Smiling because I had thought I might be ready
to send out our holiday letter about mid-December.

But.

Besides not feeling well
and being *so* tired from work,
I have really enjoyed sending out 
an Epiphany letter instead. 
So I decided to wait.
(This will be my third year)

Moma died on Epiphany
and we all have fond memories 
of my aunt's daydream of Moma
skipping and dancing along 
behind the wise men.
(She was finally free)

So there's something special
and holy
 about connecting with her
in this particular way.

My beloved Grandma instilled a love of 
snail mail in me when I was a small child.
This connecting with loved ones
after
the rush and hurry
of the holiday preparations 
helps me connect intentionally
with her as well.

Plus I *adore* the idea 
of following a Star.

.         *         .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)