Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Thankful Tuesday


Today I am thankful for:

1.  Quiet time this morning in the company of angels, candlelight, and a warm cup of chai tea in a special, peach-colored mug.  (It was one of Tadd's grandmother's and seeing it always brings a warm smile and fond thoughts of her.)

2.  Forgotten, comforting quote given to me by a dear, wise one resurfacing and how just reading it thru a couple of times steeps me in the same blessed assurance that it always used to:  
 
           "And remember, you do not walk alone. You are surrounded by a cloud
            of witnesses, family members and friends, some who have gone before
            you, all of whom have a stake in your partnership. Your happiness is
            important to them. They are your cheering section. Count on them to
            walk with you, and trust the One who has brought you across rivers of
            grief, through forests of gladness to your present pilgrimage."
                                             ~ wise source regretfully unknown

3.  Heartfelt, deeply affirming response from a dear friend.

4.  Leftovers in the fridge means I didn't have to figure out dinner tonight.

5.  New blossoming friendship that inspires me.

6.  More blessed quiet time this evening .... well, with the exception of soft hubby snores.

7.  Sending our sweet little one a picture of me smiling and holding up 4 fingers in honor of her 4th birthday yesterday and her mama reporting back that my girlie LOVED it.  

8.  Having enough money to pay our bills and for the little extras here and there, too.

9.  My "short day" at work falling on a day that I unexpectedly found myself feeling very tender and quite small.

10.  A lovely new, favorite quote:  

              "Tender," she said again.  "Tender is kind and gentle.  
                It's also sore like the skin around an injury."  
                                            ~ Breanna Yovanoff

11.  This touching video, entitled "With Scars Comes Strength."  I am deeply touched and inspired by her wisdom and her fresh insight on our scars.... "they (represent) something that hasn't killed me" and "every scar I'm completely proud of and have earned.  My body is like a visual journal."
Wow!!

12.  Knowing gratitude can help gently shift things and practicing it.

So, friend, what are you thankful for?

.          *          .


2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I can truly say I am thankful for your presence in my life. Much love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)