Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Truth on My Face

Work has been hard for a good, long while now. It surprises me to see how the "hard" is *so* evident on my face in the top left photo. I took it this morning before starting my car to drive to work. Looking at that one this evening brings tears. This feels really important and holy ... it's me *deeply,* tenderly witnessing me. ♥

(hasn't always been that way)

The top right and bottom left were my taking a breath and a moment to eat during my lunch break.

I did smile for the bottom right-hand photo - I was on my way home! - and I've been trying to tell myself that it doesn't count. But it does ... and there was something so soothing for me to see myself smiling softy, too. Kind of like a reassurance that I am right here with me amidst the hard, even when I sometimes forget.

.           *           .

2 comments:

  1. I love this Debbie - witnessing ourselves is a sacred act for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kimberley, and yes. Oh, yes.

    Love to you this day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)