Friday, July 1, 2016

July 01 :: Selfie # 1

Smiling warmly as my goddaughter and I started a new month of photo prompts. This time 
she found our list. 

It was so sweet when she sent it to me. The prompt for the 7th is "swim suit" and knowing 
my leg is pretty scarred from my cancer journey and all of the surgeries, she assured me 
that I didn't have to do that one.  Such a thoughtful, 13-year old dear girl. 

And we'll see what I come up with. Part of what I enjoy about working with a list of prompts 
(when I have the room and energy) (because I don't always) is nudging myself to be creative 
and think a little outside of the box. 

And. I'm sensing she is pushed so hard by her well-meaning dad to excel at golf (which 
he coaches at the high school) that I see our long-distance "play" as not only an opportunity 
to connect but for both of us to practice trustin' that we are Enough just as we are as well. 

Yes. 

(Grateful for this safe space where I can quietly name all of this)

.             *           .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)